Mar 25, 2007
dear docs, a couple of questions 1 )is it possible to have hiv related neuropathy only 10 months after infection? and if does this necessarily mean a low cd4 count? 2)is it problematic to have an eye laser treatment, when hiv+?
Response from Dr. Wohl
It is possible to have neuropathy due to HIV itself. It does not necessarily indicate a low Cd4 cell count.
I see no problem with laser eye surgery in HIV+ people. I would tell your ophthomologist abot your HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia After Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.