Undetectable Viral Load
Mar 25, 2007
I've been HIV for almost 13 yrs now with an undetectable viral load. My CD/4 are at 492. I don't ever get sick not even a flu. What do you suggest i do ? Is this normal ? Should i start meds and when ?
Response from Dr. Wohl
I suggest you count your lucky stars. One by one. And, take good care of yourself, eat well, don't smoke and make sure you do not get superinfected with a more aggressive virus. You won't live forever but you probably will get old.
I see no need to start HIV meds as long as your counts remain as they are - which I expect they will.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Thrush In The Mouth Cause A Cough?
- How Easy Is It To Contract Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Heterosexual Transmission Of Hiv Female To Male
- What Does Thrush Look Like In Adults?
- Can U Have Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Partner And Not Get It?
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.