|Meds working too well?
Mar 25, 2007
I was diagnosed positive in late 2003 with a VL of 295,000 and cd4 of 590.. Since being diagnosed I've been on Sustiva+Emtriva+Viread (now Atripla).. My last counts were almost too high with a cd4 of 1745, undetectable viral load, and a 42% cd4/cd8 ratio. My doctor said most healthy folks don;t have a cd4 that high? Any insight?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I would not be concerned. There is a wide range of normal CD4 cell counts. Yours is high but not worrisome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Happy Ending How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Casual Contact?
- Insertive Oral Sex Afraid I Have HIV
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Kissing Cold Sore Negative At 16 Weeks
- Kissing Stripper And Possible HIV Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.