span from infection to starting meds

its been listed many times here that average loss of cd4 cells is about 50 to 70 per year and that the average time between infection and starting treatment is 5 to 8 years. in a reply from you several weeks ago,you identified a recent study that suggested 50% of newly infected patients went below 350 cd4 by a two year period. this was only one study you noted but you had said you may have more info after the recent conference. anything new that changes the old standby that it takes 5 to 8 years?

Thanks for your post.

These still remain competing views and the most current, to my understanding. I still counsel that the average person will take around 5 years from infection to a time when HIV medications may be of value. The real point is that every individual can differ from average (in this and many other ways), so that the only real way to protect one's self from having undexpectedly bad immune function is to get routine periodic lab testing.

Hope this helps. Stay tuned. I'm sure that we will continue to learn more about this. BY

sustiva replacement??
unboosted