Would early treatment help me?

I'm having trouble getting a clear opinion about HIV treatment and I feel hurried by the time sensitivity of some of the potential treatments being researched.

I understand that some experts suggest that there may be benefits to start treatment early.

I'm not sure when I was infected, but I had a negative test on 8/29/06 and then tested positive on 1/22/07. I had possible HIV symptoms of a seroconversion flu in mid-September.

The results of the tests ran on Friday were cd4 count: 316, viral load: 6,000, and cd4 percentage: 30%.

I'm new at all this and haven't found a good doctor yet. Will you share your opinions about why I might have a low cd4 count AND a relatively low viral load and your thoughts about when I should start treatment?

If someone would help, that would be so wonderful.

There may be a benefit to early treatment for primary HIV infection within weeks of seroconversion, but this is still speculative. Once several months have passed there is no urgency to make a treatment decision, especially with only one set of blood tests to go by.

The relatively good CD4+ lymphocyte count percentage suggests much better immune function than the absolute CD4+ lymphocyte count. It will be important to get another CD4 lymphocyte count and viral load to get a better sense of where you stand.

Feel free to repost with an update and best of luck!

after chilbirth
already resistant?