Regarding Meth use - for ANY reason!!

Dr. Young, please indulge me just this once.... And thank you....... for more than I have time to tell you about right now : )

OK... Soapbox is out:

Drugs..? I've done 'em all (except heroin). Really. Tried 'em, used some for awhile, others just once. The ONLY drug I'm scared of is meth. No drama, I just got bored with most of them and stopped - years ago. Got bored with meth too, but it took me A YEAR to finally be sure it was out of my brain and my system. No other drug I've ever done has gotten into my "core" the way meth did. None. It altered my perceptions of myself to a frightening degree. I'm HIV+ because of STUPID ASS things I did while I was using it - thing I NEVER even thought of doing while on ANY other drug EVER. I haven't touched it for over 10 years now. When I've seen or heard about others doing it I want to SCREAM (!!!) a warning to them. When it's appropriate, I do just that. Other times, I just want to go home and cry for what these poor people are - or have already set themselves up for. I have NO cravings or even thoughts of doing any other drugs day to day - except, once in a great while I'll get a kind of twitch when I know someone near me has meth. Most drugs were kinda cool and I don't regret having done them. Not meth. My personal advice: If you haven't done it - don't. ANY other recreational drug doesn't scare me the way meth does, though if I'd ever tried heroin, I'm thinking that might be on my NEVER list too. Have fun people - cuz most people will anyway no matter what - it's human nature, just don't lose yourselves in the process, and if you have - try to find your way back any way you can.... K? Know I'm rooting for you if that helps.... Sorry I can't give a "magic answer" how to get back, we're all different. I would share if I knew what to say here. I'm just glad I found MY way back. I'm no saint, I'll still do a line or two of coke a couple times a year, maybe a hit or 3 when pot is passed around at a party - and I drink more than I should on occasion........ But, I'm happy, healthy and living and loving my life - so unless that changes I'm OK for now. I KNOW that just one timy bit of meth in my system would mess up the life I love. I hope somebody hears this in time. I really do. HIV's kinda easy to deal with these days, at least for me. Meth is a very different challenge. Steer clear if you can!!

Best to all.

Thanks for your post and for sharing your very personal story.

I've seen many a patient under our care suffer with this demon--

Best of health to you. BY

ELEVATED VALUE OF SGOT
Meth and Meds