|Meth and Meds
Mar 5, 2007
My friend says he thinks alternating Crystal Meth and Sustiva for the past few years has made him undetectable. His labs seem to be better when he has been doing Meth. Is it possible and has anyone ever done tests on the affects of Meth on HIV?
| Response from Dr. Young
I've never heard of anything good about meth. I would seriously doubt that the meth has anything to do with improved labs (how would he conclude that the meth is the cause of improvements anyways?)
Alternating doses of efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) seems like a very good recipie for developing drug resistance and loosing a whole drug class. Seems to me that your friend is both playing with his future treatment options and has been lucky. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.