Can I switch to Atripla?

I am currently taking Norvir, Truvada and Reyetaz. Around the time of diagnosis my genotype analysis showed resistance to Sustiva. Am I a candidate for Atripla? The reason I ask, is because of the costs associated with taking one drug versus three. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for your post.

No, you cannot switch to Atripla. Unfortunately, you were among the ~10% of Americans who acquire a drug resistant HIV strain. Since Atripla is a combination of tenofovir, FTC and efavirenz and your baseline resistance test showed resistance to efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin); taking Atripla would be equivalent to taking only two drug treatment. BY

what's next to deal with lipodystrophy?
soon to start meds