How much food is enough?

Hi!

I am on reyataz/norvir/truvada, and take my meds religiously and regularly at 6:30 AM every morning. On weekends, I generally just awaken long enough to swallow the 4 pills, then go back to bed. Reyataz is supposed to be taken with food...while I have a full breakfast during the week, on weekends I'm not ready to eat breakfast that early. How much food is sufficient to ensure the efficacy of the reyataz? A slice of bread? Some almonds? I'm looking for something simple, so I can get back to sleep quickly.

Even on weekends, I have breakfast within an hour or two of taking the meds...is that soon enough for the reyataz, or should I make sure I eat something at the exact time I'm taking the meds.

Many thanks for your information and advice!

There is probably not a minimum amount of food necessary for Reyataz to be effective when someone is on Reyataz boosted by Norvir because the blood levels are so much better than unboosted Reyataz. There is no reason that you need to take this regimen at the same time every day so it makes more sense to simply things, sleep in, and take your medications with breakfast. If you don't feel comfortable changing the timing of your medications, then a light meal (300 calories or so) was shown to raise blood levels compared to the fasted state. Good luck!

KS Treatment with Abraxane
Starting meds soon