Feb 25, 2007
what does aids stand for?
Response from Dr. Young
AIDS stands for the Acquired ImmunoDeficiency Syndrome (my emphasis). It is caused by infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- Symptoms Of A Toddler With Hiv
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.