2 Weeks On Atripla, Good so far!

I am posting this in repsonce to many questions about atripla. I just started taking Atripla 2 weeks ago, first time taking meds for me, scared to death, as many of us are. The first night I took Atripla I experienced a wind like noise in my ears, and became very dizzy and tired. Similiar feeling as if I drank to much. After a very restless night of waking up and falling back asleep, I awoke in the morning feeling very dizzy. This feeling past around 12 hours after I first took the pill. These symptoms slowly went away over the course of 4 -7 days. At this point, 2 weeks into the the meds, I only notice side effects if I wake up in the middle of the night, I will feel somewhat dizzy. Overall, if this med works for me against the virus and this are the only side effects I experience, then for me, Atripla is a blessing! I know we all react differently, but I wanted to share my experience with the side effects to date. I am looking forward to seeing if the pill is effective in attacking the virus and assisting with my CD4 count. currently a CD4 of 638 and viral load of 55,000, being Acute HIV my doctor wanted me to start meds right away for a short time, 6- 12 months. Good luck everyone! Hope experience helps some of you make a decision on the Atripla.

Thanks for you post and sharing your story.

I hope that this gives valuable insight about what side effects to expect when starting on HAART.

BY

Reyataz to Kaletra Switch
cd4 count-- two year mark