Dear doctor

I am taking kaletra+combivir(3 kaletra in the morning, 3 in the evening along with 1 combivir in the morning one in the evening) for 4 months now.. My doctor told me that she will cut my doses in a month or two to avoid toxicity. We wait to see my numbers first.. My question is.. Can I take only 1 kaletra in the morning along with 1 lamivudine without zidovudine(I had kidney problems and i hear so many bad things about it) in the morning and same dosage in the evening? Is it safe and have the same eficacity? Thanks for your answer..ela

This makes no sense.

There is no dose reduction of HIV medications except for certain cases in which drugs that are cleared by the kidney are reduced when kidney function falls. You say you had kidney problems so maybe there is a decline in your renal function that could permit a reduction in the AZT and 3TC in Combivir but this would not be the case for Kaletra.

Kaletra now comes in a tablet that permits two tablets to be taken twice a day. I am hoping your doctor is not a complete idiot and this is what she was referring to. Do not let anyone reduce your Kaletra to one pill twice a day.

Lipodystrophy/fatty lumps
help with my anti-hiv drugs lebanon