Feb 13, 2007
MY CD4 COUNT WAS 500 IN SEP. 2006. I DID ANOTHER ONE THIS FEB. AND FOUND THAT i HAVE CD4 AT 84, i HAVE BEEN VERY HEALTHY WITH NO INFECTION OF ANY KIND. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DRASTIC FALL. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY DOCTOR THAT I NEED TO START ARVS ASAP. THIS FALL HAS REALLY CONFUSED ME. PLEASE HELP. WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD THAT CD4 FALL GRADUALLY BUT NOT SO FAST.
Response from Dr. Wohl
This is a very unexpected result, therefore, it has to be treated with suspicion. Get another CD4 cell count checked before you consider HIV therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Safe To Take Nsaids Past The Expiration Date?
- What Are The Names Of The Blood Tests Given To Identify Hiv/aids?
- Long Term Side Effects Of Diflucan
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Masturbation?
- HIV Infection Risk Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.