Falling viral load and CD4's

I believe I was infected in July 2006 (and seroconverted in August 2006). In September, I had a viral load of 8,000 and my CD4 was 586 (29%). By early December, my viral load had dropped to 2,800, while my CD4 count had dropped to 373 (23%). I just got tested again (2 months later), and my viral load was down to 865. Unfortunately, my CD4 count was also down significantly -- to 228 (25%). Given my relatively low viral load, why is my CD4 dropping so quickly as well? Is it time to go on meds? P.S. -- In early January, I had a nasty methicillin resistant staph infection, treated with Bactrim, which had resolved by the time of my third labs. Could this have caused or contributed to the CD4 drop?

Your CD4 cell count is not clearly dropping but seems to be bouncing around if you look at the CD4 percent which have ranged from 23% to 29%. I wonder if yoru staph infection and treatment could have lowered your overall number of white blood cells leading to a low absolute CD4 cell count and only a modest dip in the CD4 percent.

I'd continue to follow the trends in your CD4 counts before I would react.

cheilitis
cd4 count