Switching to Reyataz

I would like to switch to Reyataz to reduce the number of pills I take. I currently take the following twice daily. 4 Norvir, 2 Invirise, 1 3TC, + 2 AZT. (only 1 AZT with the evening dose). I have no side effects from this combination and am in excellent health. My T cell count averages 700 and the viral load is < 50. Everything else (liver enzymes etc.) the Dr. says is 'perfect'. It's been like this for 7 or 8 years. I'm tired of all the pills especially when I travel. My Dr. is of the opinion that if it's not broke then don't fix it. I don't want to negatively impact my health but there are new options out there. I was also thinking of Atripla, however the Reyataz will be the least change in regimin and will still reduce dosing and quantity. I would appreciate your opinion. Thank you. Mike

I have to agree with you. If you take Combivir (1 pill twice a day) plus Reyataz (one pill a day) and one Norvir that adds up to 4 pills a day. If you changes to Truvada and Reyataz plus Norvir that gets you to 3 pills a day.

I am also usually in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it camp' but pill fatigue will likely lead to missed doses and missed doses to viral rebound and viral rebound to lower CD4 cell count and resistance which will lead to a new regimen of more pills and then... missed doses.

RE: Understanding Lifespan
cheilitis