Feb 13, 2007
If someone has ks lesions on lower leg and also ankle swelling that also seems related to ks will these things clear up once on meds. I am presently not due to normal t cell count but am concerned that ks might spread if I do not get on meds.
Response from Dr. Pierone
In most cases Kaposi's Sarcoma resolves when antiretroviral therapy is started. Based on this observation, it is reasonable to start HAART at a higher CD4+ lymphocyte count threshold when KS is present.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Anal Sex With Condom?
- Can You Get HIV From Sucking Penis?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Erotic Massage
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob?
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.