Drug vacations

I have been undetectable for 5 years and with a cd4 count in the 600's,my health is good would it be advisable to give myself a drug vacation, or is that not a good thing to do?Are drug vacations good for your health if you are undetectible and with high cd4 count

Thanks for your post.

Unless your having difficulty with side effects or adherence, I don't generally recommend treatment vacations. There is a growing body of evidence that raises concerns about the risk of drug resistance and HIV-related complications during treatment interruptions.

Overall, this is a decision that must balance the risks and benefits of stopping treatment with the risks and benefits of continuing. If you've done well for 5 years, I'd would look very carefully at messing with that track record.

Hope this helps, BY

How many structured interruptions possible?
Kidney Friendly Regimen?