Chlorella & meds

I take Atripla (the Sustiva/Truvada combo).

I'm interested in supplemental Chlorella, which also contains chlorophyll. Chorella is a blue-green algae whole food. It contains more than twenty different vitamins and minerals, and is a rich source of amino acids, iron, and chlorophyll. It has various benefits, but it is commonly used for daily detoxification.

It is usually recommended to take Chlorella with meals. I take Atripla before I go to bed. Therefore, considering the detoxification benefit, should I really be concerned or should it be okay to take Chlorella?

Thank you!

Thanks for your post.

Chlorella is one of many blue-green algae that are touted to have medicinal benefits. As you point out, there are many different vitamins (and lots of other things) in this algae. One of the derivatives of Chlorella is cyanovirin-- an compound now in investigation as a topical microbicide. The point here is that there's more than just "benign" vitamins and minerals but other bioactive chemicals in Chlorella. It's unclear to me that there's clear benefit or risk-- but then again, I'm not a big believer in the notion that one must take a supplement to detoxify- seems like an oxymoron to me. BY

Weird disease
Aids and Ozone