|Open cuts and testing center
Feb 5, 2007
I just returned from a testing center, where an Ora Quick was performed, I tend to be germophobic in nature, so going to a doctor's office is never very settling. But, I now notice that I have a papercut-type cut on my thumb, which was there as I touched surfaces at the clinic: tables, door knob, etc. This is somewhat unsettling with my negative test... what could I have done to myself with open cut in that environment?! Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!
| Response from Dr. Young
You don't get HIV from door knobs or tables (unless you're having unsafe sex or doing drugs on them).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching An Open Scab Should I Get Tested
- Should I Get Tested After Touching An Open Scab?
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.