Donation information

I'm trying to find out some information on a new type of HIV therapy that looks very promising in the way of new treatments. I would like to make a private $ donation to an HIV research company and wanted some imput. I have searched the internet, but thought I could get some information at this site. Like I said, I'm looking to make a donation for HIV research only. But, would like to donate to a new thereapy that looks the most promising. Do you have any good recommendations? Or know where I may be able to find out? Thank you so much for your site, and for your time for responding to my question.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

This is a very important research area, and it is unfortunate that many industrious and bright HIV researchers are not able to get funding to move forward.

Part of the decision to make a donation depends on what area of research you would like to support. You mention an HIV research company - the quest for new HIV medications is mostly in the realm of private pharmaceutical corporations and they dominate the new drug development process. They may accept donations (although since they are for-profit there would be no tax advantages) but would not likely allow much input into their decision making processes.

For innovative non-drug discovery organizations, several come to mind:

The Campbell Foundation supports innovative research. amfAR the American Foundation for AIDS Research has a long history of supporting research into HIV. Community Research Initiative of New England (CRI) also supports innovative studies in the field of HIV.

Hope that this information helps and thanks for your interest in supporting this important work.

ease leaky gut?
My sister's lab results-2