Once daily abacavir?

Firstly, thank you for your fantastic work! Seondly, my partner has been on meds successfully for five years, and his doctor has just reccommended a switch from AZT, Sustiva and Abacavir, by replacing the AZT with Viread, to prevent long-term toxicity. As the Sustiva and Viread are once daily tablets, the doctor has recommended that my partner also take both abacavir pills at the same time, creating a once daily regimen. What is the evidence that abacavir is successful on a once-daily basis, and would you recommend it? My partner has an undetectable viral load, and CD4 of usually between 600-800

Thanks for your post.

Abacavir (Ziagen, part of Epzicom and Trizivir) has long been US FDA and European agency approved as a once-daily medication. There are several large, prospective randomized studies that show that once- and twice-daily abacavir are functionally equivalent. BY

what about getting a tattoo?
Understanding Lifespan