|Can Bactrum cause a decrease in cd4 or increase in viral load?
Jan 27, 2007
My first set of labs came back with cd4 at 299 and viral load at 6,000. Dr. suggested starting meds. I think its too soon. He then put me on long term bactrum and ran labs a month later...cd4 246 and viral load 14,000. Any coralation?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
On a separate note, if your doctor has placed you on Bactrim to prevent Pneumocystic pneumonia, you may not need it-- you have two CD4 counts above the 200 cell level that indicates the need for PCP prophylaxis.
Best of health to you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Causes Of Decrease In Cd4
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.