Can Bactrum cause a decrease in cd4 or increase in viral load?
Jan 27, 2007
My first set of labs came back with cd4 at 299 and viral load at 6,000. Dr. suggested starting meds. I think its too soon. He then put me on long term bactrum and ran labs a month later...cd4 246 and viral load 14,000. Any coralation?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
On a separate note, if your doctor has placed you on Bactrim to prevent Pneumocystic pneumonia, you may not need it-- you have two CD4 counts above the 200 cell level that indicates the need for PCP prophylaxis.
Best of health to you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash A Possible Sign Of Ars?
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.