suppliments

can i take creatine with truvada and kaletra.i also have a minor liver problem

Thanks for your post.

I'm cautious about recommending any supplements for individuals who don't have obvious nutritional deficiencies and have access to a balanced diet. Personally speaking, I think that a life with adequate exercise and a diet rich in fiber and fresh fruit and lower in fats is the best "supplement"--far better than any supplement that a so-called nutriceutical company might try to sell to you.

Creatine is a widely used nutritional supplement and is generally safe, but there are isolated reports of kidney toxicity. Given the potential for creatine toxicity to overlap with the unique (and rare) kidney toxicity of tenofovir (part of Truvada), I'd be doubly cautious, especially since lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra) increases tenofovir exposure.

As for "minor" liver problems- the relationship to your medications or supplements depends exactly on how you define minor and what the underlying cause is. I'm wary of potential liver or kidney toxicity in persons with known liver disease, since liver + kidney disease is a particularly bad combination.

Hope this helps, BY

Which combination next?
Dying of emabarassment