On/Off Meds

hello, my husband was in a good program in CO where he received meds through ADAP. he was doing great on his meds for years until he took a drug holiday and his body grew resistant. then he was switched to another set of meds that he was on for about 2 months until we moved to NC. now he is having trouble getting into the system here and has run out of meds. we don't have health insurance and we can't afford to buy the meds out-of-pocket. my question is: if we are not able to get back into a program that will help with labs & meds, how long can he realistically expect to live? he is 35 years old and in considerably good shape. i really appreciate your response as this question keeps me up at night. i just need to know what the reality of our situation is. thank you.

No one should go without meds because of an inability to pay. In the US we do have the AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAP) in each state plus drug company programs to help some of those who do not qualify for ADAP. In NC there are other ways to get meds.

I can see your husband in our clinic at the Infectious Diseases Clinic at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. We will get him back on therapy. You can call the clinic at (919) 966-7198. They will tell you that I am booked for months so, indicate to the person taking your call that we have communicated and that he should page me to discuss fitting you in to my schedule.

Need Help
Which combination next?