Atripla vs sustiva and truvada

My husband and I have been on Sustiva 600 and Truvada since 2004 with no unplesent side effects. We do have the vivid dreams but they are always plesent. On 01/01/07 our dr switched us to Atripla and said it was the exact same thing that we were taking. We were excited because the copay was cut in half, however we have both had some weird side effects since the switch. We have both suffered from sever heart burn, acid reflux,woozieness once awake (we had this the first 2 weeks on the sustive and truvada but it subsided), trouble sleeping, irtability, moodyness, crying jags and weird dreams. We have been on the new meds for about 22 days now. If they pills are truely the same what is the deal? It seams like we are having so many more complacations on the Atripla. Thanks! Love your site! It is the only place to go for answers on HIV.

Thanks for your post.

It would seem that you and your husband have experienced a quite unusual effect of the simplification from Truvada + Sustiva to Atripla. It might be worth trying a switch back to the two pill daily combo to see if the symptoms improve (in a sense, proving the hypothesis). I've had a rare patient or two note new symptoms when switched from Viread + Epivir to Truvada, to have the symptoms improve on switch back-- odd, but real side effects.

If your symptoms improve with the old regimen, despite the extra copayment, seems reasonable to continue this way.

Hope this helps. thanks for your comments. Best to you and yours, BY

still no answer?
6 days into meds