Help. Need ur opinion

I recently found out that a person I had sex with was newly diagnosed with HIV and untreated. WE each engaged in open mouth kissing,and oral sex with no ejaculate involvement. During foreplay, my penis went partially inside his rectum. It was there for no longer than 30 seconds. I stopped and got a condom and used the condom for intercourse. I ejaculated outside of his body with the condom off after intercourse, and he never ejaculated. This was around 11/26/2006. On 12/3/2006 I was diagnosed with Strep throat, and either a stomach virus, or vomiting and diarrhea associated to the strep. I was given a shot of penicillin and the strep throat cleared up, and i recovered from the stomach virus over the next week. I was fine for the month of December, went on a vacation for new years, and came back with another sore throat.. went to doctor on Monday, Dr. said it was not classic signs of strep and the rapid strep test was negative, but treated with Zithromycin Tripak. Throat is improving with the Tripak. I have a history of being PARANOID about HIV exposure. I am in the medical field and I analyze every thing that goes on with my body. Partially because I am homosexual, I always wonder when I get a sniffle, or anything, if it could be HIV.. so.. that being said.. I noticed yesterday a cubital lymph node that is slightly swollen, but mostly really tender to touch. It is the ONLY lymph node that is palpably swollen in my body, but I thought it unusual, and at my elbow of all places??? So.. long story short, and I apologize for rambling, do you think that i was exposed to HIV, and that there is a chance I have contracted it?

It is hard to say. You should have HIV testing done with both an antibody and viral load test. This will answer your question best.

As you know, there is more than HIV that can be caught out there. Syphilis can cause lymph node swelling and gonorrhea a sore throat. It does not sound exactly like you have been infected with one of these but can also be looked for.

Is my daughter negative or positive?
Clarification of meds with foods