Is the Combination correct

I was tested positive one month ago, but have to start med immediately because my CD4 is 147, and my Virus Load is 460000+. I am G6PD and have low platelet count too. The doctor gave me ddl, d4t and strocin but i read from here, it is not recommended to take ddl and d4t together due to the severe side-effect and as the first line therapy. Please advise. By the way, i am from a South East Asian Country, hence, there are limited drugs available.

Thank you for your post.

I'm in agreement that you should be on HIV treatments, given that your CD4 count is quite low.

The efavirenz (Stocrin) component of your treatment is widely accepted; by contrast, the combination of d4T (Zerit) and ddI (Videx) is not recomended because of the significantly increased risk of pancrease or nerve injury. More commonly, d4T is partnered with 3TC (Epivir); ddI can also be partnered with 3TC. I'm pretty sure that 3TC is available in most resource-limited countries and either 3TC combination would have fewer side effects.

Hope this is helpful. Please feel free to write back with any questions. BY

Unstructured but consistent
are energy drinks good for me