|beginning regimen of Norvir, Lexiva, Truvada
Jan 19, 2007
My son is HIV positiveand in az prison. His doctors have decidied with his approval to start him on meds. His CD4 count is 325. They are starting him out with the generics for Lexiva, Novir, and Truvada. Is this a good combination that will cause the least amount of side effects?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello, and thanks for posting.
This is a good starting combination which has a high likelihood of working for your son. There are no generics for these medications so he will be getting branded products. Side effects may occur with any regimen and if your son has adverse events with these medications then adjustments can (and should) be made.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.