Jan 17, 2007
I recently took a blood test this were my results:
Hep A IgG Non Reactive
Hep A IgM Non Reactive
Hep B Core IgG Non Reactive
Hep Bs Ag REACTIVE
Hep Bs Ab Q.N.S. to RECHECK
Hep C Ab Non Reactive
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???? PLEASE HELP...
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
The list that you give means that you don't have any evidence of hepatitis A or C. You have circulating hepatitis B virus surface antigen (Ag)- this means that the HBV virus is in your blood. In keeping with this, you have not developed the antibodies (hep B core) that correlate to protective immunity against HBV.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.