Jan 17, 2007
have you ever seen a patient newly diagnosed that is unable to take any regimin of medication because of the side effects and consequently will die soon because they are unable to take meds?
Response from Dr. Young
To be brief, in the past 5 years (with improved medications), no.
Further, in our clinic it is realy, realy exceptionally rare to see first line regimens fail because of viral resistance ( we do routine baseline drug resistance testing).
Hope this answers your questions. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Elevated Alkaline Phosphatase And Hiv
- Aids Or Hiv From Having Sex With A Girl On Her Period
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up Up In A Person Blood?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On Nipples?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.