|Normal T cell count
Jan 15, 2007
I am 52 and started a reginmen of sustiva and truvada approx.15 months ago. I have been HIV for at least ten years.
I started my medicine becasue my T cell count fell below 250.
My T cell count today is 595 and my viral load is non detectable. Good news.
What are normal T cells count for a person over 50 who is HIV negative?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
While there's a slow decline in CD4 counts as we all age, you CD4 count at 595 is entirely normal, even for a 18 year old. More good news, no?
Best of health to you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Normal T-cell Count?
- Blood In Semen After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.