Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Barcelona dendritic cell vaccine study
Jan 14, 2007

Hi and happy new year to all of you. My name is Sebastian and I live in Barcelona. As i heard that there is a study being held here to try the dendritic cell vaccine with seemingly not bad results, I'd really be interested in enrolling. The fact is: I'm treatment naive. My cd4 cells being over 800 but my VL around 100000. I just got diagnosed last october so next week i will go for the second set of numbers. Would it be reasonable to consider taking part in this study?. I can read patients enrolled are split in two groups: On and Off-HAART. I've never been on-HAART. Is it a good idea? I would feel i'm actively fighting my infection and i'd be contributing to a study, which it's always a way to contribute with science progresses.

Thanks and good luck.

S

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Here is the link to the Barcelona study. I think it is reasonable to participate in a study of this nature and the investigators have a proven track record. This vitally important line of research has languished due to a relative lack of funding in comparison with drug therapies for HIV. It is certainly worth a visit to the clinic to learn more. Let us know how things turn out and good luck!

Previous
Seborrhea as HAART Indicator
Next
interaction of Kaletra and Yasmin birth control pills

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.