Barcelona dendritic cell vaccine study

Hi and happy new year to all of you. My name is Sebastian and I live in Barcelona. As i heard that there is a study being held here to try the dendritic cell vaccine with seemingly not bad results, I'd really be interested in enrolling. The fact is: I'm treatment naive. My cd4 cells being over 800 but my VL around 100000. I just got diagnosed last october so next week i will go for the second set of numbers. Would it be reasonable to consider taking part in this study?. I can read patients enrolled are split in two groups: On and Off-HAART. I've never been on-HAART. Is it a good idea? I would feel i'm actively fighting my infection and i'd be contributing to a study, which it's always a way to contribute with science progresses.

Thanks and good luck.

S

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Here is the link to the Barcelona study. I think it is reasonable to participate in a study of this nature and the investigators have a proven track record. This vitally important line of research has languished due to a relative lack of funding in comparison with drug therapies for HIV. It is certainly worth a visit to the clinic to learn more. Let us know how things turn out and good luck!

Seborrhea as HAART Indicator
interaction of Kaletra and Yasmin birth control pills