Response to post
Jan 14, 2007
Funny how in this entire response you can not bring yourself to admit that you may be wrong, or that what you know about HIV is small and certainly not worthy of acting in the manner you and other MDs act with their patients, that being that we know everything and how dare you question our authority.
Response from Dr. Young
Sorry you feel this way.
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, so this will be my last reply in your thread.
You are correct in several points (and to the extent that this isn't communicated to you by my years of posts at TheBody.com, I'm personally sorry).
1) We don't know everything about everything. All that we (I) do professionally is to take the best current science and apply that information in the spirit of helping people. The "best" treatments today differ vastly from those we used even 5 years ago. To the extent that we might do things differently, sure we (I) could have been wrong. Do we make errors in judgement today? Could we be wrong? Absolutely. That is why it's important to be introspective about what we know now; it's the very premise of why clinical trials in HIV medicine continue.
2) All patients, er, persons, HIV+ or not, deserve to be treated with respect and accordance with their wishes. I question neither your authority (I'm not sure who you represent in "we") nor autonomy to make informed decisions, you simply asked me for my opinion and you got it. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.