Jan 14, 2007
would chlamydia effect they baby if you are pregnate
| Response from Ms. Salisbury
In pregnanacy it can infect the infant at delivery with eye and lung infections. Screening for this STD should be done with every pap smear and prior to delivery of a baby.
There are high risk populations who are more likely to get this infection. These include sex with multiple partners, unprotected sex and history of another STD.
There is a great article at www.medscape.com/viewarticle/484261. You will need to register to use the site first. Carol
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.