Insurance and self employed
Jan 11, 2007
I am a self employed individual and currently have Medicare with a Medicare supplement plan due to my disability status. I also maintain my pre-HIV Self employed insurance that I pay for quarterly. This coverage is becoming very expensive and I am not sure if it is necessary to continue. I am not sure what would happen if I returned to work as a self employed person? Do you have any suggestions?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Since you have Medicare, if you were to return to work as a self-employed individual you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.