atripla resistance!

Hello to all. I have been on atripla combo for allmost three years now was wondering whats the longest documented case of which a person has taken this med and not yet developed resistance? My vl is undetectable and was wondering if I stayed taking my meds regularly how long can I go before I would grow resistance. thank you for all you guys do for us and May God bless us all.

Hello and thanks for your post and comments.

If you've been on your current regimen for three years and have an undetectable viral load, it's pretty darn unlikely, no, damn unlikely that you're going to have problems with treatment failure and drug resistance so long as you keep up with the adherence.

I'm not sure what the longest successfully suppressed case is, but I've got patients on HAART regimens (similar to yours) who've been undetectable since the late 1990's.

Today, even with cases of first-line treatment failure and drug resistance, the antiretroviral menu should permit construction of successful second- and even third-line treatments.

Hope this helps, BY

Gojo Berries (wolfberries) for HIV?
Insurance and self employed