newly on Atripla and worried about resistance

I started my first regimen of meds(atripla)the once daily pill in octber my cd4 was 25cd4/100,000vl in november my numbers were 100cd4/500vl my latest numbers are 150 cd4/900vl is this a sign of resistance to all or one part of the regiment i am on.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The drop in viral load from 100,000 to 500 and then 900 is not necessarily a sign of resistance. The expected course after starting therapy is a profound early drop in levels of virus (which you had) and then a more gradual decline over the coming months. So if the viral load continues to climb then you may have resistant virus and a genotype or phenotypic resistance test should be performed. But it is more likely that the viral load will resume its decline next time you are tested (which should be in about 4 weeks from last test). I am assuming that you had a resistance test before starting treatment which showed no evidence of acquired drug resistant virus.

Let us know what happens with your next test and best of luck!

Dendritic Cell Vaccine
Restart with same regimen? What viral load is too high?