Acyclovir and Rhinoceros Milk for HIV

I recently read your response to a question about the possibility that acyclovir increases cd4 counts. I was a little disheartened by the response you gave. Is there a way to physically test in a peitre dish or other technical method to determine if acyclovir positively affects cd4 cells? Also, I read that many doctors reluctantly suggest tests for hormonal levels (testosterone). And, when they refer pt. to an endochronogolist there is a tendancy for the endo or immunologists to read the value of the testerone (free and total) at the inoptimal reading For example if the value for a man 25 is between 10 and 50 and the person being tested is 40 and has a value result of 15 then it is considered he is within the normal range. But I read that it is important for poz men to have an optimal value without going beyond the end value...say a value between 35-45 Finally, this might sound strange, but have there been any tests on the bionutrients of the milk from the following animals;Rhinos, hippos, crocs,alligators, and turtles and the effectiveness of the human body, esp. those who have HIV? And if not, why not?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I did not respond to the question about acyclovir, but there are some data suggesting that acyclovir positively affects CD4+ lymphocyte counts by suppressing herpes replication which in turn lessens immune activation.

My sense is that most experienced HIV clinicians look for testosterone deficiency in their male patients and treat based on symptoms and blood levels. There will always be clinicians who are clueless, careless, or simply incompetent, but most are reasonable and listen to their patients concerns. For any readers who find themselves sticking with a substandard provider out of inertia, get off your butt and make a change, your life (literally) depends on having access to competent and compassionate medical care.

Finally, testing the milk of exotic animals for effectiveness against HIV does sound like an interesting idea, but quite strange as well. But there should be no doubt that these crucial studies have not been done because of the sinister machinations of the Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex. Of course it could simply be that we simply don't have investigators with the resourcefulness and nerve to milk lactating Rhinos, a species notoriously short-tempered with humans under the best of circumstances. Turtles are easy and fun, but simply lay eggs and skip the hassle of mothering and milk production.

can cd4 count drop to 8 in 1 year?
Vitamins, a waste of money?