low dose naltrexone

I've become interested in the use of low dose naltrexone. According to Dr. Bihari, it raise endorphan levels and increases NK cell activity. Any thought on this?

Thanks much,

Karl

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well, we haven't heard much about this one in a long while... there was some work done on this about 10-15 years ago. The results were ambiguous - not enough to convince too many more than the already converted. So as far as I know, Dr. B is the only one still interested in this approach.

So - does he know something the rest of us don't? While there were some theoretical lines of reasoning, they were based on a fairly limited understanding of what we are doing compared to current work. And the study itself had too many problems with it to help know if the drug has any use at all... So it is fair to call it inadequately studied. But safe. So far as we know.

Hope that helps. CC

Am I running out of treatment options?
Questions About Switching From Crixivan to Viracept