Resistance and next line of defense

Hello Dr. Young,

I have been on Atripla since it came out and have had a good response. I missed a dose last Saturday and last Tuesday and since yesterday I have felt extremely tired and not well...a very similar feeling to what I experienced when I seroconverted. Is this feeling of overall sickness an indication that I may have become resistant? If I am now resistant is there a next line of meds that is almost as easy to take as Atripla? Can you give me an idea of the number of pills, times per day they need to be taken etc. I can't get in to see my doctor until next week and am very worried so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hello and thanks for your post.

It's generally not possible to develop drug resistance AND clinical symptoms of treatment failure immediately after missing only two doses of medications.

For what it's worth, there are quite a number of treatment options following failure of an Atripla regimen, but I wouldn't sweat it-- your fatigue is almost certainly due to another factor.

Best, BY

VFEND and KALETRA
Percentages chance of lipo.?