Sleepless Nite from Sustiva!

Dr. Ive started taking Atripla about 2-3 weeks ago and 1 day afterwards I started suffering from insomnia. My Dr. perscribed me 10 mg Ambien for 2 weeks to bring my sleep pattern back. After taking the Ambien for 4 days my sleep pattern came back and I was able to sleep with out the Ambien. Now the insomnia is back. Will this pass? Or should I just be taken off of Atripla? Also Im an enginnering student. Im woried that the Sustiva in Atripla will impaire my thinking and concentration. Will it?

Hello, and thanks for posting.

The sleeping and cognitive side effects associated with the Sustiva component of Atripla usually resolve within weeks after starting this medication, but not always. You should be able to give it more time to see if this problem resolves. If it persists then you should work with your doctor to switch to an alternative regimen. Best of luck!

Abbott's Kaletra-Norvir Controversy
Re: Dialysis nurse with eye splash incident