fatigue

I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and started on meds last March (Sustiva & Truvada). I am feeling fine, but I am often very tired in the morning, even after a good 8 hours of sleep. My cd4 count was 454 in November and my viral load was less than 50(undetectable). What do you recommend to treat the hemorroids and is there anything that I can take to help with the fatigue? Are these common side effects from the meds?

Thanks for your post.

Fatigue is not an uncommon complication of HIV or its treatment. There are multiple causes- ranging from drug side effects (such as sleep disruption from efavirenz or anemia from AZT), to hormonal issues (low testosterone) to sleep apnea.

The fact that you state that you wake tired suggests to me that your sleep quality (despite the quantity) is poor. This could be a result of efavirenz-induced dreams, restless leg syndrome or sleep apnea (a condition where you stop breathing while asleep). The later is often associated with snoring and afternoon sleepiness-- apnea is readily diagnosed by a sleep study.

It would be worth knowing if your blood counts are ok (checking for anemia), thyroid and testosterone levels are iin the normal range too.

I hope this helps. BY

thank u for the reply
oops I took it twice