Should I Start?

I have been positive for three years, and my numbers for the last year are as follows. 2/16 t=444,%=36,vl=6500 4/25 t=546,%=37,vl=18600 8/8 t=380,%=33,vl=5160 11/1 t=279,%=26,vl=26400 12/1 t=583,%=37,vl=7750

I was going to start Atripla after my 2nd last set of numbers because they were the worst I had. But the last lab results were the best I had. Would you recommend starting given my results on 11/01? Thanks.

Hello and thank you for your post.

I think that if you take an overall view of your labs, you'd conclude that your November labs were the exception, rather than the rule (or trend) in your CD4 count and viral loads.

If I were your doctor (providing that you're asymptomatic), I'd probably hold off on starting medications for now, and repeat the labs (as were done in December) in a month or two.

Best of health to you. BY

Reyataz Stones?
HIV PEP now a cold..