A too quick decrease in CD4 %?

Dear Doctor, I got my lab results this morning: CD4 531, %32. My provider seemed happy about them and confirmed that I do not need meds for the moment (I stopped AZT/Epivir in spring 2004 with CD4 around 900, %50) but the results in June this year had been CD4 570, %43, in September CD4 720, %40. Is a decrease from 43% to 32% in 6 months something I have to worry about? This has been my lowest CD4 count and % ever, since I was diagnosed in 1993. Viral load in December 24K, in September 12K, in June 26K.

Thanks and regards

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your most recent labs seem to indicate a larger than expected decrease in your CD4 count and percentage, though both are still in a relatively healthy range.

Before getting to concerned, I'd want to know if your labs were drawn when you were sick or had a recent vaccination (since either can negatively affect labs). When in doubt, I'll simply repeat the CD4 count to double check.

Best of health to you. Happy new year. BY

Alternating weeks with meds
Reyataz Stones?