Alternating weeks with meds
Dec 26, 2006
I have a friend who is taking meds for a week, then he's off for a week, and resuming, etc. Is this a viable option? Can people be prescribed this regimen?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Is your friend following his HIV treater's instructions? or has he employed this dosing strategy on his own?
Dosing with on-and-off schedules are not recommended (though employed in some clnical studies).
I wouldn't recommend this because of the potential risk of developing drug resistance and treatment failure.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Gonorrhea And Increased Hiv Transmission
- Having Unprotected Anal Sex With Hiv Positive Man
- How Long Until Side Effects Of Atripla Go Away?
- Needle Prick And Window Period For Hiv Antibody Testing
- Tingling In Feet,hands, Numb Mouth And Mild Fever HIV Symptoms
- Odds Of Getting Hiv With One Time Exposure To Hiv Positive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.