Mouth Medicines

Hey doc,

I have been atripla since my diagnosis and mynumbers have been great . The last time I went to the doctor, I had an undet viral load and T cells of 500, up from my initial 180. This past week, i woke up with pain on teh right side of my jaw, I wnet to see an oarl specialist on teh same day, and it turned out to be an infected, impacted wisdom tooth. BTW, i didnt mention I was HIV pos. They removed the wisdom tooth (general anestehsia - they put me to sleep) on the same day and put me on vicrofen and penicillin 500 mg a day. I have been stciking to my ARt regiemen ( since the beginning i have not missed a dose) and also taking the pain meds and antibitics all week. However, this morning when I woke up I noticed that my tougue was whiter than usual and I freaked out.....i thought i developed OHL. Is this possible? Do you thinks the antibiotics, pain killers, general anesthesia lowered the ART drugs in my body to the point where I have to change my regimen. is that even a possibility ? Or am i over reacting and just need to brush my tougue more aggressively and hope for the best? My next three month check is in february. Please help me out and let me know if I am over reacting or need to see a my HIv doc ASAP. (BTW, some of teh white stuff on my tougue comes off when i brush)

I am so worried. Please respond

Its not OHL (oral hairy leukoplakia). What you have is a bit of mouth yeast overgrowth due to the penicillin. Once the flora of your mouth gets back to normal - after the antibiotics - this should go away. It is not dangerous. Some people swear by yogurt with active cultures as a way to get all your germs back in order. Can't hurt.

Switch to ATRIPLA
i guess u r on vacation?