Meds with Anti-depressants?
Dec 23, 2006
Dear Dr. Wohl,
Good morning to you.
I was diagnosed 2 days ago as HIV positive. It had been almost a year ago that I lasted tested and was negative. Despite the usual emotions involved with such a diagnosis, I remain optimistic. My question to you is this: I am currently on anti-depressants (and have been for a number of years) - Lexapro. Will tthe meds I start taking for HIV interfere or be hampered by the Lexapro?
Eagerly awaiting your reply.
Response from Dr. Wohl
There should not be a major interaction between HIV medications and Lexapro.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Where Does Gonorrhea Come From?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Symptoms Of Advanced Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.