Acute HIV! In a study @ UNC-C

Hi I am in study called CHAVI.. I was recently infected with acute HIV on aug 31.. my labs are as follow: 8/31 cd 4 377 VL 394,646>>9/12/06 VL 181,169>> 9/19/06 VL 56,739 >>10/6/06 VL 1908 & cd4 554 cd4% 27>> 11/15/06 vl was 1021 cd4% was 36....finally i recenlty got labs and my vl went up 2019.............

all im doing is taking vitamins... I feel great! When do u think i would be on meds?... Also thanks for reading my post....And i hope to run across you on a future visit of mine.....IF you know anything about the study " it is wonderful"

I appreciate your willingness to be part of this important study. The changes in your CD4 cell counts and viral load are textbook. After acute infection, the virus reaches the highest levels it ever will in the body. Sometimes, this can reach into the millions. As you can expect, the CD4 cells drop a bit with so much virus around.

Over the ensuing weeks, however, the body responds and the viral load falls - allowing recovery of the CD4 cells.

The study is a large effort to understand what happens during and after acute infection. Specifically, what determines if a person's viral load falls to 200,000 or 20,000 or 2,000. There may be factors related to the virus and/or the individual - such as the immune system or genetics - that influence how the body handles HIV infection. Understanding these factors will help us as we try to develop interventions to minimize the effects of HIV.

Check out www.chavi.org.

Thanks again, and hope to see you.

Sustiva/Combivir Expectations
Stop Smoking Aids