what is the prognosis for no treatment

Hi

If i choose not to get treated at all how long can I expect to live. I would seriously like an answer. If not on the forum then to my e-mail address.

Thanks very much. Dan

Dear Dan,

This depends. Survival is closely linked to the CD4 cell count and the rate of the CD4 cell count decline is dependent on the viral load. So, if you have a low CD4 or a high viral load you are at greatest risk of infection, cancer or other AIDS related bad thing.

We have lots of experience with untreated HIV. There was very little to offer people early in the epidemic and people died. In Africa and Asia and parts of the former Soviet Union, millions of people still go without HIV medication. Often they die.

That is the serious answer.

Should I Switch?
when to start treatment