|viagra with nitrates
Dec 17, 2006
I take isosorbide dinitrate daily and I would like to try viagra. How long would I have to get off isosorbide before I could take viagra
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Nitrates cannot be used with Viagra or the other medications for erectile dysfunction (Cialis and Levitra) because of a potentially fatal interaction. Isosorbide has a half of about 6 to 12 hours depending on the formulation. So taking this medication within 3 days of Viagra would not be prudent. But anyone who needs isosorbide in the first place would need to get clearance from their cardiologist before taking Viagra at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Open Wound And HIV Transmission Risk
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With Sex Worker?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Erotic Massage?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.